I recently read an article in The Telegraph called “50 Things To Do Before You Die – If You’re A Dog” This list was compiled by TH>N pet insurance and TV vet Marc Abraham.
I found it to be a little elaborate, with the whole visiting another continent thing, as well as meeting a famous dog, and howling other words etc.
I decided to create my own, golden-retriever oriented list, just for fun.
Consider this the “Ultimate Golden Retriever Bucket List”
1. Play fetch. For a long time. Till you can’t play any longer.
2. Bring your human a shoe or article of clothing as often as you can.
3. Play “full out” with a group of kids.
4. Dig up the yard.
5. Go for a swim in the lake/ocean.
6. Run up to your humans and shake all over them after your swim in the lake/ocean.
7. Go for an off leash hike with your human.
8. Get sprayed by a skunk. (okay, maybe not this one, but it is almost inevitable)
9. Roll in a mud puddle.
10. Ruin a pair or slippers or shoes
11. Sleep in your owner’s bed
12. Wake your owner with a wet sloppy kiss
13. Ride in a car with your head out the window.
14. Relax by a fire.
16 . Rip the stuffing out of a stuffed animal.
17 . Jump up on the company.
18. Play frisbee on the beach
19. Steal food from the counter.
I would love to add to this list, and hear your comments on what our goldens should experience! The best 5 will be chosen and added to “The Bucket List” to make it a Top 25, after January 1, 2013.
Please share this post with your fellow golden retriever humans!