Bretagne, the last known surviving canine hero who searched the rubble of ground zero after the 9/11 tragedy on September 11, 2001, has crossed the rainbow bridge. She was a 16 year old golden retriever.
When Denise Corliss, Bretagne’s (pronounced Brittany) owner and handler noticed earlier this week that Bretagne wasn’t eating, she knew something wasn’t right. Eating was her favorite thing. Sunday night she wouldn’t settle unless she was right by Denise’s side.
Last week we received our second Bowzer Box. The theme was Victoria Day, the first long weekend of summer here in Canada. It is a monthly subscription of products from North America (at least ONE Canadian product/month) for as little as $23/month. You choose your dog size and plan, and presto! Each month your dog receives a delivery of great stuff!
I subscribed to three months of Bowzer Box and received the first box in April. That box review will follow as I have been horribly lame at blogging (sorry! Thanks for standing by!)
Here’s what was in the box this month:
1. Camo squirrel from R2P Pet and Mossy Oak.. I love this toy! It has lasted longer than most stuffed toys at the time of this post, which is about 4 hours after receiving said stuffie. What more can I say, except that Tucker seemed quite pleased as he pranced proudly around the house with it.
2. Treats Happen Beef Lung Dog Treats. Straight from Toronto Canada! Grain Free like Tucker, who absolutely LOVED them.
3. Lamb Berry treats from Northern Biscuit, another awesome Canadian company. They use wholesome grains. My dog never turns down a crunchy cookie!
4. Bark dental bar, with applewood flavour, also from Northern Biscuit.
5. Biodegradable poop bags from One4Pets – because you can never have too many! These are pink with flowers! I love them, and I’m sure Tucker doesn’t mind!
Each Bowzer Box comes with a card explaining the monthly theme and products for the month.
What a great way to spoil your dog(s) and get a surprise every month! Bowzer Box always features at least one Canadian company, and always gives back. 10% of profits go to dogs in need.
SAVE 10% with code TDG when you order now.
Here is my video review if the box I received for May. (featuring Tucker!)
I came across this video on Facebook this morning, so I did a little research, and found this story from WITN from back in July of 2014.
When Occy, the golden retriever was just a puppy, he befriended “Biggie” the duck, who was also a baby at the time. Biggie and Occy hit it off so well, Biggie decided that he would rather be a dog, and chose not to live with the other babies who lived nearby.
The unlikely duo are inseperable. They swim together, eat grass together, play together, and even eat together. Biggie refuses to eat duck food, and eats out of the dog bowl and water dish!
The pair live in Atlantic Beach NC together at Mash’s Surf Shop and their owner Frances says people often go by on their boats and take pictures and videos of the pair..
This is the video I found on Facebook this morning, it’s been edited and put to music, and it’s kinda cute!
Hopefully they are still doing well. I found this photo on their Facebook page from August 2015 on National Dog Day.
Well this is a win/win situation I am excited to share! Soulpancake has partnered with Purina and will donate 1lb of Puppy Chow for every view of their video to Rescue Bank IF they reach their goal of 500,000 views.
The video explores the power puppies have on humans, and is worth every second. At the time of this post “Can Puppies Fox Boredom?” has appoximately 115,000 views. I’m confident they will more than exceed their goal!
Now watch this adorable video and feed a shelter dog and SHARE AWAY!