Golden Retriever Suffers Superbowl Injuries

MINEAPOLIS, MI – Logan, a 9 year old golden retriever, had a very close call this past Superbowl Sunday.  Logan’s owner Jerry Hudy explained to Kare 11 News that some children at their Superbowl party left a plate of chicken wings unattended on a chair.  Later that night Logan began vomiting, and in the morning his abdomen was swollen and he was acting very lethargic.

logan

The Hudy’s rushed Logan to their vet for x-rays.  He was referred to Blue Pearl Veterinary  Partners, who confirmed Logan was suffering from GDV – gastric dilatation volvulus, (aka twisted stomach, or “bloat”).  They removed a rock, the chicken bones, and even the remains of a football!

football

Logan’s Dr, Heather Hadley stressed that it is very important to treat this early, as it can often result in death.  She advises to contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice strange behavior in your pet.

Logan seemed to be doing just fine at his follow up appointment, and was on the road to a full recovery.

Full story with video:

Dog survives ill-advised Superbowl Buffet – Kare 11 News

About these ads

One thought on “Golden Retriever Suffers Superbowl Injuries

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s